Our 2016 Scholarship Award Recipients Lunch
Noon – 1:30 p.m.
(Doors open at 11:30 a.m. for networking)
On April 26, we’ll be hosting our stellar recipients of the 2016 Philip N. McCombs Scholarship awards. We thought it was the perfect time to review what the job market for both senior and new candidates looks like today.
Brooke Kruger, founder of KC Partners, has over 15 years of public relations, corporate communications and executive recruiting experience. Brooke spent six years at top San Francisco PR firms Ketchum, Applied Communications and Bite Communications before she transitioned into recruiting in 2005. Brooke is able to leverage her excellent relationship building skills, PR industry expertise and vast network to quickly find the right candidates for her clients’ hiring needs.
In her presentation and Q&A session, she’ll cover such questions as:
- Is more of the work being outsourced to agencies, or vice versa?
- What are the five most important skills that senior PR/Communications people need to cultivate today?
- What skills should entry level and junior associates be developing?
- What are the challenges for senior communicators looking to switch organizations? How do they get started?
- How has job hunting changed? What are the keys to success?
- What are the biggest mistakes candidates/job seekers are making?
Important: You must make your reservation via Eventbrite, by midnight, April 21 — or until reservation slots have been filled. We can not make additions or cancellations after that time. Once we place our final order with the hotel, SF PRRT must pay for all reserved meals. If you don’t want to miss the lunch, reserve immediately. Vegetarian meals can be accommodated ONLY if requested ahead of time. No changes allowed except for health reasons.