What does it take to stay in business – and continue to grow – for 25 years, especially in the competitive San Francisco Bay Area market? Landis Communications Inc. (LCI) knows firsthand.
Founded in 1990, Landis Communications, Inc. (LCI) is an award-winning, mid-sized public relations, marketing communications, digital and social media agency based in San Francisco. This year, LCI celebrates 25 years (#LCI25) in business – as well as the addition of six new clients to its roster.
New LCI Clients
LCI’s new clients include: Global Alzheimer’s Platform (GAP), Merck, Tripping.com, Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford, LYFE Kitchen and Cibo. These brands join LCI’s growing roster of top-tier healthcare, consumer, consumer technology, food/beverage, retail, real estate, financial services, corporate and nonprofit clientele.
Among LCI’s new clients are:
- Global Alzheimer’s Platform Foundation: LCI is managing public relations, digital and marketing campaigns in multiple markets across the country to promote the partnership between Global Alzheimer’s Platform and the Brain Health Registry. The Foundation seeks to accelerate the search for an Alzheimer’s treatment by 2025.
- Merck: LCI also is managing public relations, marketing and digital campaigns in Los Angeles in conjunction with the Brain Health Registry to help accelerate Alzheimer’s treatments for Merck, an international developer, manufacturer and distributor of pharmaceuticals.
- Tripping.com: LCI is working on a consumer and thought leadership campaign to promote the world’s largest search engine for vacation homes and short-term rentals.
- Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford: The Palo-Alto based medical center hired LCI to promote the expansion of its facility and the services it provides.
- LYFE Kitchen: The “fast fine” casual restaurant chain retained LCI to support the opening of its newest location in Cupertino, Calif.
- Cibo: LCI has partnered with Cibo, a leading San Francisco-based brand experience agency, to promote the company as well as a number of new initiatives and campaigns.
25th Anniversary Facebook Contest – #LCI25
As part of the firm’s celebratory year, LCI is hosting a Facebook contest, #LCI25, encouraging participants to say in 25 words or less why one of four San Francisco Bay Area nonprofits are worthy of a $2,500 donation. The 4 nonprofits include: On Lok (providing healthcare for seniors, and a current LCI client); ODC (San Francisco’s modern dance company, dance school and theater);Scholar Match (which helps make college possible for underserved youth); and Larkin Street Youth Services (an organization located near LCI which provides a continuum of care to help homeless youth get off the streets). LCI will donate $2,500 to the winning entry’s nonprofit and also donate $250 to the other three nonprofits. This effort underscores LCI’s commitment to its community (the San Francisco Bay Area), and coincides with National Volunteer Month in April. To enter, visit the LCI Facebook page at www.facebook.com/landiscommunications.
LCI Named #1 Firm in the U.S.
In addition, Ragan’s Ace Awards this year named LCI America’s ‘Best Small PR Agency (under $3 million)’ and America’s ‘Best HealthCare PR Agency.’ (See info here).
Quote from CEO David Landis
“Not many independent communications firms have survived and thrived in San Francisco for a quarter of a century, but LCI is proud to be one of a select few. For the past 25 years, LCI has been fortunate to work with some of the best brands: a diverse mix of healthcare, consumer, consumer technology, retail, real estate, financial services and nonprofit clients that are making a difference in their respective fields. The addition of our six new clients is a testament to LCI’s growth as an integrated communications solution for clients. It also speaks to the experience and expertise we offer as a trusted partner,” said David Landis, president and CEO of Landis Communications Inc. (LCI). “Ever since we opened our doors in 1990, we have achieved success through results-oriented public relations, marketing and digital communications, as well as a sustained commitment to our community. That formula has served us well and lays a promising foundation for the next 25 years.”
LCI has managed communications efforts for a range of well-known local, regional, statewide and national brands. Among them are: Walmart, Old Navy, Whole Foods Market, Match.com, The North Face, UCSF, NBC Universal, MetLife, Cold Stone Creamery, Stanford University, Carrington College, On Lok Inc., NorthStar Memorial Group, Native Trails, the San Francisco Symphony, California Bank & Trust, California Academy of Sciences, PIER 39, 399 Fremont St., Tishman Speyer, City CarShare and more.
About Landis Communications, Inc. (LCI)
Landis Communications Inc. (LCI) began in the San Francisco bedroom of founder David Landis’ home in 1990. The agency’s original 3 clients were: PIER 39, the San Francisco Symphony and KPIX TV (CBS). Now celebrating its 25th anniversary, LCI is an award-winning, full-service marketing communications, public relations, digital and social media agency that offers a unique mix of expertise in corporate, consumer, technology, B2B and nonprofit public relations, marketing communications, digital/social media, content marketing, community relations and crisis communications. This year, Ragan’s Ace Awards named LCI America’s #1 Small PR Firm and #1 Healthcare PR Firm. With a team of 20, LCI provides strategic, creative and results-driven public relations, marketing, social media and digital strategies to clients in a variety of industries. LCI’s trademarked Promised Results© PR program delivers tangible ROI metrics that help businesses grow. LCI also is the San Francisco member agency of the Public Relations Global Network (www.prgn.com), with 50 agency affiliates worldwide.