We hope you’re planning to join the Round Table at our annual Valentine’s Party & Fundraiser on February 11, 2021, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The party will be virtual, but that won’t take away from our having a great time — and raising funds for our Philip N. McCombs Scholarship Program, which provides money for scholarships annually to a few talented Bay Area college students majoring in public relations, communications, marketing, media studies, journalism and the like.
Donate to Our Live or Silent Auction: Please consider donating to both our live and silent auctions, which will help ensure we have the funds for scholarships. Fill out the Auction Donation Form with details about the items you wish to donate by January 25, 2021, and email to Paul Rose at Paul@lh-pa.com. Please include a photo or some type of image of the item, ideally with a photo or selfie of you! If the item is electronic or virtual, such as a gift certificate, you can attach it with the donation form in an email. If it is a physical object, we would appreciate your mailing it to Paul if it’s not too difficult or expensive to do so. If it is bulky or heavy or highly valuable, we will make arrangements to get it from you.
The auction is a great way for businesses to promote their services and build word-of-mouth discussions among the Bay Area communications leaders who attend the annual holiday event. Donors will be recognized in the Valentine’s event program and on our website.
What Should You Donate? We’re seeking donations in a range of values, including items as simple as movie tickets and as grand as a weekend getaway. Examples of auction items include:
- Food experiences, including gift certificates, cooking classes, tastings
- Certificates at local bookstores and special books
- Membership or passes to a local museum, zoo, aquarium, or other institution
- Hotel stays and vacation packages
- Gift baskets of wine or non-perishable food
- Rounds of golf or socially-distanced events
- Classes and services, such as photography services or exercise classes
- Unique items produced by your clients or your company
- Technology gifts or a tech support session with your favorite genius
- Vacation experiences—use of a house or condo, VRBO/Airbnb gift certificates; you can find them on Amazon!
- Theater season passes or tickets (online for now, in person later)
- Got a celebrity you could offer up for a Zoom session or in-person lunch après COVID?
- A beautiful piece of jewelry
- An interesting walking tour
Got something to donate? Fill out the Auction Donation Form and send it in with your item by January 25, 2021.
These are all possibilities. If you’re a volunteer somewhere, it’s quite possible that your institution would be willing to donate a membership, and it costs nothing to ask. Use your imagination and connections! Reach out to a favorite restaurant or venue, and ask for a gift certificate. A five-minute call on your part could generate hundreds of dollars for the Scholarship Program, and help our profession stay professional by supporting the communicators of tomorrow.
Fill out the Auction Donation Form and send it to Paul Rose of Lighthouse Public Affairs, who is accepting donations. If you have questions, please contact Paul at Paul@lh-pa.com, 415.601.1637, or Hatti Hamlin at email@example.com, 925.872.4328.
Thank you for supporting PR Round Table and our scholarship program!