Become a Round Table Member and Connect With Some of the Best People You’ll Want to Know
Don’t forget you can save on corporate memberships!
Join the San Francisco Public Relations Round Table (SFPRRT) or renew your membership for 2023.
We also have an excellent corporate membership offer. When two people from the same firm join, they get a 20-percent discount per person. When three or four people from the same firm join, they get a 33-percent discount per person. And when five people from the same firm join, they get a 40-percent discount per person. Retirees continue to enjoy half-price dues.
Benefits of membership include FREE tickets to regular monthly Zoom-based programs (with a discounted fee for the Valentine’s fundraising gala) and discounted prices to in-person events, and access to our exclusive directory of members. Your membership also supports the SFPRRT Scholarship Program, which provides cash awards to deserving Bay Area college students studying public relations.
New members must meet eligibility requirements as described below, and should fill out an application form and submit it to our Membership Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are facing financial hardship due to Covid, please let us know that, too.
There are many benefits to joining the SF Public Relations Round Table and attending our monthly programs, which are timed with the busy professional in mind:
- Surround yourself with friendly, experienced colleagues with resources to share.
- Hear interesting programs targeted to meet the needs of senior-level practitioners.
- Participate in lively conversations and probing Q&As.
- Attend online events for free as a member.
- Invite clients or business associates to our events.
- Be assured “a seat” at our annual gala fundraising party.
- Help support the future of the profession through donations to the SFPRRT Scholarship Fund for gifted university students studying public relations and allied fields.
- Receive our semiannual, members-only roster of top Bay Area communicators.
- Receive our frequent e-bulletins informing you about upcoming events and colleagues in the news.
- Help shape the future of the profession and the organization by serving on the SF PR Round Table Board and committees.
While you don’t have to be a member to attend our lunches and other events, you’ll get the most out of our offerings by joining.
How to Join
We welcome new members who perform, to a significant degree, a public relations function for a company or organization, or work for a PR agency. Professionals with a background in media relations, marketing, internal communications, journalism and allied fields are also eligible to join at the discretion of the Board of Governors, as are those engaged in teaching public relations and allied fields.
Prospective members should have at least five years of professional experience, and/or be among the most senior public relations professionals in their organization. You’ll need two club members to endorse your application. If you want to expedite your application (see link to the application form below), contact us at email@example.com to be put in touch with two members who can sponsor you.
After submitting your application online (see below), the PR Round Table Board will consider your application at their next meeting. (Note: Our membership chair will inform you when your application is approved, so that you can pay your dues here.) Once you become a member, you will be expected to attend at least two club functions per calendar year.
Individuals who are not currently active in the field of public relations but who are in allied professions are eligible to become associate members of SFPRRT at the discretion of the Board of Governors. Recent college graduates entering the public relations field or allied fields may join as associate members, and will remain as such until they have amassed sufficient experience in the field to become full members.
We believe that professional groups should be affordable — our 2022 and 2023 dues are set at $85, a bargain when you compare us to other communications organizations anywhere. Associate members pay the same fee as regular members. Retirees enjoy a 50 percent discount.
Membership renewal for 2023 is entirely online, which is not only faster for you but saves considerable time for our volunteers. Just go to the Eventbrite form, select your membership category and pay electronically.
Corporate memberships offer all the benefits of individual membership at a significant per-person discount. Please submit individual applications for new members to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants must meet the member qualifications and be approved by the board. Corporate dues pricing is as follows:
- Two members from the same organization receive a 20% discount (price per person is $68).
- Three to four members from the same organization receive a 33% discount (price per person is $57).
- Five members from the same organization receive a 40% discount (price per person is $51).
For more info about corporate memberships or for special consideration for members facing a financial hardship due to COVID-19, write to email@example.com. Thank you!