Attention new and renewing members: We’re offering a mid-year membership dues special, at nearly 50 percent off!
July 1, 2020, Membership Offer: It’s not too late to join the San Francisco Public Relations Round Table (SFPRRT) or renew your membership for 2020. We are offering a special discounted membership fee for the second half of the year, at nearly 50 percent off, whether you are a lapsed member who wants to rejoin, or are a newcomer to our organization.
COVID-19 UPDATE: We are continuing to meet in 2020, via the Zoom platform, and have had some terrific panels to date. While attendance at these virtual meetings is currently free, we are asking guests to donate toward our organization’s costs and to support our scholarship program.
There are many benefits to joining the SF Public Relations Round Table and attending our monthly programs, which are accessible in the heart of San Francisco and timed for busy professionals:
- Enjoy a significant discount on the price of the lunches, events and gala holiday party.
- Surround yourself with friendly, experienced colleagues with resources to share.
- Hear interesting programs targeted to meet the needs of senior-level practitioners.
- Participate in lively conversations and probing Q&As.
- Entertain clients or business associates at our luncheons.
- Be assured a seat at our annual gala fundraising party.
- Help support the future of the profession. A portion of every program fee paid throughout the year benefits the PRRT Scholarship Fund for gifted university students studying public relations and allied fields.
- Receive our annual, members-only roster of top Bay Area communicators.
- Receive the e-bulletins informing you about upcoming events and colleagues in the news.
- Help shape the future of the profession and the organization by participating on the SF PR Round Table Board and committees.
While you don’t have to be a member to attend our lunches and other events, you’ll get the most out of our offerings by joining.
How to Join
We welcome new members who perform, to a significant degree, a public relations function for a company or organization, or work for a PR agency. Professionals with a background in media relations, marketing, internal communications, journalism and allied fields are also eligible to join at the discretion of the Board of Governors, as are those engaged in teaching public relations and allied fields.
Prospective members should have at least five years of professional experience, and/or be among the most senior public relations professionals in their organization. You’ll need two club members to endorse your application, and the easiest way to get those signatures is to come to one of our monthly meetings. If you want to expedite your application (see link to the application form below), contact Membership Chair Sarah Segal (Sarah@SegalCommunications.com) to be put in touch with two members who can sponsor you.
After submitting your application online (below), the PR Round Table Board will consider your application at their next meeting. Note: Our membership chair will inform you when your application is approved, so that you can pay your dues here.
Once you become a member, you will be expected to attend at least two club functions per calendar year.
Individuals who are not currently active in the field of public relations but who are in allied professions are eligible to become associate members of the SFPRRT entirely at the discretion of the Board of Governors. Recent college graduates entering the public relations field or allied fields may join as associate members, and will remain as such until they have amassed sufficient experience in the field to become full members.
We believe that professional groups should be affordable — our 2019 and 2020 dues were set at $85, a bargain when you compare us to other communications organizations in town. Affiliate members pay the same fee as regular members. Note that starting July 1, 2020, we are prorating 2020 dues to $45 for the second half of the year, nearly half off our $85 annual fees.
For PRRT Membership questions, please contact contact Board Member Sarah Segal (Sarah@SegalCommunications.com).
Membership renewal is entirely online, which is not only faster for you but saves considerable time for our volunteers. As of July 1, 2020, annual dues for lapsed members who want to rejoin for the remainder of 2020 are now $45 (plus processing fee).
For more info about corporate memberships, write to Membership Chair Sarah Segal.