There are many benefits to joining the SF Public Relations Round Table and attending our monthly programs, which are accessible in the heart of San Francisco and timed for busy professionals:
- Enjoy a significant discount on the price of the monthly lunches and gala holiday party.
- Surround yourself with friendly, experienced colleagues with resources to share.
- Hear interesting programs targeted to meet the needs of senior-level practitioners.
- Participate in lively conversations and probing Q&As.
- Entertain clients or business associates at our luncheons.
- Be assured a seat at our annual gala holiday party, which usually stars SF Chronicle political columnists Matier & Ross.
- Help support the future of the profession. A portion of every program fee paid throughout the year benefits the PRRT Scholarship Fund for gifted university students studying public relations.
- Receive our annual, members-only roster of top Bay Area communicators.
- Receive the weekly e-bulletins informing you about upcoming events and colleagues in the news.
- Help shape the future of the profession and the organization by participating on the SF PR Round Table Board and committees.
While you don’t have to be a member to attend our lunches, you’ll get the most out of our offerings by joining.
How to Join
We welcome new members who perform, to a significant degree, a public relations function for a company or organization, or work for a PR agency. Professionals with a background in media relations, marketing, internal communications, journalism and allied fields are also eligible to join at the discretion of the Board of Governors, as are those engaged in teaching public relations and allied fields.
Prospective members should have at least five years of professional experience, and/or be among the most senior public relations professionals in their organization. You’ll need two club members to endorse your application, and the easiest way to get those signatures is to come to one of our monthly meetings. (If you want to expedite your application, contact Board Member Brenda Kahn to be put in touch with two members who can sponsor you.
Once you become a member, you will be expected to attend at least two club functions per calendar year.
Individuals who are not currently active in the field of public relations but who are in allied professions are eligible to become associate members of the SFPRRT entirely at the discretion of the Board of Governors. Recent college graduates entering the public relations field or allied fields may join as associate members, and will remain as such until they have amassed sufficient experience in the field to become full members.Application Form
We believe that professional groups should be affordable — our dues are $75, a bargain when you compare us to other communications organizations in town. And if you join in the fall (between October 1 and December 1), you get a bonus: membership for the remainder of the current year, plus membership for the subsequent calendar year. Affiliate members pay the same fee as regular members.
For PRRT Membership questions, please contact Board Member Brenda Kahn.
Membership renewal is entirely online, which is not only faster for you but saves considerable time for our volunteers. Annual dues are $75 (plus processing fee).Renew/Pay Now