2017-2018 Scholarships: APPLY NOW
The San Francisco Public Relations Round Table awards scholarships to talented Bay Area university students studying public relations, communications and allied fields in accredited programs.
We have administered the Philip N. McCombs Scholarship Fund, named in memory of one of the Round Table’s founders, for more than 20 years.
While the amounts and number of scholarships change from year to year, they have made a significant dent in college and graduate school costs for promising future members of the public relations profession.
For the 2016-2017 scholarship cycle, we awarded four scholarships in the amount of $3,000 each to four students.
The bulk of financial support for the Scholarship Fund comes from a Silent Auction held during the Round Table’s annual Holiday Party; to donate to the 2017 Holiday Party Silent Auction, click HERE.
Applications for the 2017-2018 scholarships are now being accepted. View the online application here.
We are searching for a select group of students in the public relations, communications, journalism, marketing and allied academic fields who have shown a strong interest and involvement in public relations beyond the classroom. We are particularly interested in rewarding students who are using their public relations, writing and social media skills to benefit the public and worthy causes.
IMPORTANT: Your application requires the submission of at least one letter of recommendation and we strongly urge you to ask for the letter immediately in order to allow plenty of time for it to be written. We cannot accept an application that does not include a recommendation letter.
To be considered for a SFPRRT 2017-18 scholarship candidates must:
1. Be on a degree course in a communications-related field and currently attending a four-year college or university in the nine-county San Francisco Bay Area or a college/university within 100 miles of Downtown San Francisco.
2. Have sophomore or higher standing. Graduate students in a relevant discipline are also eligible.
3. Have taken or be taking at least two public relations, journalism or communications courses.
4. Have demonstrated an interest in PR/communications through such related activities as internships, jobs, class projects, clubs/societies or volunteering.
5. Be endorsed by school professors. Please attach at least one letter of recommendation.
6. Have a minimum of a 3.5 grade-point average at your current school, verified by a transcript. An unofficial copy is acceptable.
Applications must be received by 5 p.m. on December 31, 2017. Interviews of finalists will be conducted in February/March 2018.
If you have any questions regarding this application and the process, please email SCHOLARSHIPS@SFPRRT.ORG or call the Scholarship chair, Brenda Kahn, 510.393.1701.