As one of the nation’s oldest PR organizations in the nation, for 75 years SF PRRT has consistently offered its members two unique experiences:
- Monthly programs featuring the Bay Area’s most interesting PR personalities and a forum for members to see colleagues and build their network.
- The opportunity to contribute to the Bay Area’s next generation of PR superstars: the Philip N. McCombs Scholarship Fund.
This past April we gave $15,000 in scholarships to five very deserving students; a donation that, in large part, was made possible with auction items donated by members. As a self-funded organization, we depend on our members to donate and bid on items at the Annual Holiday and Party Silent Auction on December 9, 2014.
This year, we are committed to raising as much as $10,000 for this very meaningful program. But to accomplish this, we need your help.
The lesson we learn over and over with this annual auction is: “just ask!” That favorite restaurant, getaway spot or shop, just ask and you will be amazed how the businesses you support will contribute auction items to support the SFPRRT’s scholarship fund. And be creative – if you have time or talent to offer, we welcome your product or expertise at the auction.
We are looking for donations of the following items (or similar items):
- Use of a vacation cabin for a weekend at Tahoe
- Walking tours of San Francisco
- Docent-led museum tours—perhaps with access to a specific special exhibition
- Tickets to Giants, A’s, Warriors, or 49er games
- Tickets (ideally, a voucher for tickets on a date of the purchaser’s choosing) to Berkeley Rep, Cal Performances, California Shakespeare Theatre, Marin Shakespeare Festival, ACT, or other live concert or theater tickets.
- Ballet tickets
- Symphony tickets
- Tours and tastings of ice cream, chocolate, or bread manufacturers
Thank you in advance for donating early and often!