Benefiting the Philip N. McCombs Scholarship Program
Open from January 26 through 2 p.m. on February 11, 2021
The San Francisco Public Relations Round Table’s annual Valentine’s Party & Fundraiser, set for Thursday, February 11, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., is always a fun event, and it will be even better this year if we are successful in raising funds for our Philip N. McCombs Scholarship Fund. Each year, through a rigorous selection process, we name several Bay Area college students to receive a scholarship. The exact amount will depend on how successful we are at our Valentine’s Party, which will feature POLITICO senior writer Carla Marinucci and the incomparable Donna Sachet, who will emcee our live auction.
This year, due to the pandemic, we have launched our silent auction online, which you can visit now at https://www.32auctions.com/
This year’s auction items showcase some of the many talents of our members, as well as the delights of life in the Bay Area. We hope you will share the SFPRRT 2021 silent auction page and your bids with all your colleagues and friends. The online auction remains open from Tuesday, January 26, through Thursday, February 11, at 2 p.m.
If you wish to make a direct donation to the scholarship fund, you may also use the green “donate” button at the top right of the page. Please contact Paul Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Just a few of the more than 34 auction items include:
- Blue Angels rooftop viewing during San Francisco Fleet Week in October
- Behind-the-scenes tour of the Oakland Zoo’s Otter Exhibit and a visit to the African Spurred tortoises
- Two-night getaway to a newly remodeled historical home in Pacific Grove
- Three-night stay in a deluxe oceanfront condo at Pajaro Dunes in Monterey
- One night at the Berkeley City Club
- Custom prints by Gerald F. Corbett Photography
- Walking tours by PR Round Table members of Berkeley’s secret stairways and pathways, Dominican University and Gold Hill in San Rafael, and Oakland’s Piedmont Avenue’s Mountain View Cemetery and the Morcom Rose Garden
- Gift certificates for specialty fashion lines
- Large format art and photography books
- Coffee with Mike Healy, who wrote the book on BART’s history
- Leather gloves, locally made Nandiz Design necklace and other jewelry
- Dishware, toasters and coffee makers
- Certificates for courses and classes
- Fine wines and Champagne
- Fun goody bag from East Bay SPCA
Thank you to all of our generous donors! Let the bidding begin!